Who are we?
SOS Arms was founded by Georgiana Neagu in 2012 in response to the critical situation of stray animals in her hometown Fagaras. She started rescuing animals in an organized fashion in 2005 and by 2012 she formalized her activity by applying for non profit status. Since the beginning of her activity she rescued more than 500 stray dogs and found loving and responsible homes for almost all of them. The dogs that are disabled or have lasting psychological damage resulted from abuse they endured prior to coming to Georgiana were permanently adopted by her.
How SOS Arms helps
Our Core Beliefs
- Save as many as possible. We know we cannot humanely save all, but we try to save as many as possible
- It is a human’s duty to protect the animals and not let them live and die unwanted on the streets on in a public shelter kennel. Humans should show that love and good exist.
- All goals small or big can be achieved through patience. The road to every big adventure starts with the first small step.
How We Help
- We contribute directly to effectively and permanently reduce the number of stray animals on a local and national level through massive sterilization campaigns
- We find loving and responsible adoptive families for rescued animals
- We promote and encourage love for all animals and thus preventing maltreatment and cruelty
- We regularly visit the public shelters (kill shelters) and investigate how the animals are being treated there in addition to promoting these animals for adoption
- We rehabilitate abused and traumatised animals
Meet The Team
What People Say
A fantastic NGO doing a brilliant job helping animals.
Jennifer JusticeQuote Link
I am always a little suspicious of charity sites .but I can say this one does exactly what they claim to do . The proof is my furry friend currently relaxing on the sofa.
Annette JonesQuote Link
A wonderful lady who works tirelessly for animals. Never saying no!! Needs everyone’s support.
Rachel MellorQuote Link
Georgiana is an amazing lady who is an earth angel for these dogs. Her compassion and love never waivers a truly inspirational person and a god send to the beautiful dogs xxxx
Julia LaramanQuote Link
Georgiana is amazing with all animals, she has a very big heart and will do anything she can for poor souls in need. My first dog is one of her rescue’s and he is amazing! I could not imagine my life without him.
Thank you Georgiana for everything you do!
Soraya van de WaalQuote Link
Georgiana is an amazing woman who has been fighting the authorities and local people against the crualty of the romanian dogs and other animals. I have been gollowing her for some years now. She is exceptional in her passion for animal welfare in a country that has a terrible reputation for cruelty to animals. Yes we see cruelt in europe too ..but there is much more help here! These dogs need some urgent help xxx
Elaine HartleyQuote Link
Georgiana is a very caring person for all animals. She has helped so many who would have possibly died without her love and support. If it wasn’t for georgianas care, i wouldn’t have my beautiful little dog Harry. (Stafiduta) . Some cruel person had cut off his tongue, Georgiana spent time to catch him, and found a way to help him eat. I wish more people in the world were as loving and caring for animals as her. Thank you for all the excellent work that you and your team do. Harry says thank you for saving him xx
Kathy CooperQuote Link
We have our little Penny, saved by Georgiana. She is a lovely little dog, even like her rescuer. My englisch is not good enough to tell you how happy we are, that there are some lovely wonderful persons like Georgiana!!! Thank you so much!